When We Are Closed
-If you fall ill outside of surgery hours with an urgent medical problem that cannot wait until surgery re-opens, please telephone NHS 111, our out of hours service provider: This is a national service staffed 24hours a day, 7 days a week by a team of fully trained advisors. They will ask questions to assess your symptoms and depending on the situation, will then:
- give you self care advice
- connect you to a nurse, emergency dentist or GP
- book you a face-top face appointment
- send an ambulance directly, if necessary
- direct you to the local service that can help you best with your concern.
For more information about the NHS 111 Service, please visit the NHS 111 website.
When to go to A &E
An A & E Department (also known as emergency department or casualty) deals with genuine emergencies only, in such cases please call 999
Call 999 in an emergency if you have Chest pains and / or shortness of breath as these constitute an emergency.